Thursday, July 2, 2009

A quick outing...

After our last hunt, I remembered that my dad had given David a little backpack last year. Turns out it's the perfect size to be geocaching pack. I put a pencil, our notepad, and the 'treasures' in it. It even has a little pocket that's great for the GPS unit.

I needed to go to the post office this evening, so I thought it'd be a great opportunity to knock out a couple of caches in the vicinity of it.

I realized once we were underway that I had forgotten the camera and my cell phone. I also didn't look up the caches' info before we left. Guess I was a little too quick to go this time around...

After getting done at the P.O., I parked by campus. I really should have read before we left. I could have parked really close to this one, but it was a good opportunity for David and I to get some walking and bonding in.

The first one was really easy. In fact, I can't tell you how many times I'd actually walked by this one while I was going to school. As soon as Iwe got close, I knew exactly where it was. I told David to look and he pulled it out. We sat down and filled out the log. Since we brought prizes along, we put a couple of dice into it. David really enjoyed it.

The next one was a bit tougher... sort of.

There's a statue of LBJ on campus. And I knew that this was the cache, due to the name of it, and the location on the map. But again, I didn't read the page first. So David and I spent quite a bit of time looking around the area for an actual cache. We gave up, bought a Sprike (what my kids call Sprite), and headed home.

It was warm this evening, but it was really nice. David had a great time. He had just as much fun getting there as looking when we got there. I'm really enjoying this time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment