Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The next day

Both David and Zada liked caching yesterday, but Zada said she didn't want to go again. But David was raring to go.

I loaded up several caches last night and printed out a few this morning. David and I soon hit the road in search of a few caches.


The first cache was off of a trail near the river. We looked and looked, but we really couldn't find it. I didn't report this one as a DNF (did not find) because I was assuming we were off (it was cloudy) and the area was very thick with brush and trees. We'll try this one again later when the sun is out.
Which Way?

Close by this cache was a benchmark - which is something that is used to gauge distances on the planet (I think, I haven't read up on them.) We didn't find this one either. We got close, according to the GPS, but it was either in the river, or near the edge. Either way, we weren't going to see it without getting wet. Maybe if we go tubing at some point.
Flower near a cache.

Next up, one just off of Guadalupe, near the AutoZone. This was very easy to find (mostly because I've done this before) and we located it very quickly. The only issue was that after we wer walking back to the car, David said, "Hey, we could have parked right here!" Yeah, I parked about 90 feet too far away!

Then we headed to another one just off the square. Another easy one. We parked 10 feet from it, so David was glad. If they were all this easy, we'd be done in no time.

Then the batteries died. I put some rechargable batteries in yesterday when I got it, and I guess they don't hold a charge too long. Off to HEB (which was only 2 blocks away) to pick up some more. And sodas!
Mid-Caching Break!

Off to the last one - a VIRTUAL cache on the square. David liked finding it, but seemed less interested in the history behind it.
Hays County Courthouse

Then we packed up, hit the post office, and came home.

Not bad for the second day. I think Zada would have liked this one, but she missed out. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment